Portable and Lightweight BGAN Terminal
Cobham Satcom have launched the lastest innovation in their highly regarded Explorer BGAN terminal series – the Explorer 510. Featuring a unique new compact design and focus on wireless connectivity, the new ultra-portable Explorer 510 BGAN terminal is set to be a game changer for professionals demanding reliable and easy to use satellite communications when operating in the field.
The smallest BGAN terminal on the market, the Explorer 510 is smaller than a laptop and weighs less than 1.4kg. Its size is no refelction on performance however, as the terminal provides simultaneous high quality voice and broadband speeds of up to 464kbps.
Features and Benefits
- Broadband Data – With standard IP at speeds up to 464kbps get access to email, the internet, corporate networks and send large file attachments over a secure connection.
- Streaming IP – Achieves streaming rates from 32kbps to 128kbps.
- Simultaneous Voice and Broadband Data
Make phone calls at the same time as accessing data applications via a standard desktop phone.
- Bring Your Own Device – Connect the optional EXPLORER LTE Modem to the USB port and turn your device into a true communication SmartHub. Use local cellular net when available and BGAN if no other option. With the EXPLORER Connect App you can use your smart device to make calls or easily access the internet even in areas with no terrestrial or cellular coverage. The EXPLORER Connect App with a SIP softphone will be available on Android and IOS.
- SMS – Send and receive text messages via your laptop – up to 160 characters – to and from any mobile phone.
- Robust Hardware – Rated IP66, the terminal has durable magnesium casing and a dust and water resistant design.
- Easy to Use – Easy to set-up and to operate, with a user interface that is intuitive and can be accessed from your PC or any kind of smart device.
- Global Coverage – BGAN is accessible globally via the Inmarsat I4 network, except in the extreme Polar Regions.
- < 1.4kgs (<3.1lbs)
- Height: 202mm (7,8”)
- Width: 202mm (7.8”)
- Depth: 51.8mm (1.6”)
Approvals (at launch)
- Inmarsat Class 2 Type Approval CE, FCC, IC
- Background class of service Up to 464kbps
- 32, 64, 128kbps
- 160 characters
- Standard voice: 4kbps
- Premium voice: 3.1 kHz audio, 64kbps
- 1518.0-1525.0 MHz (Rx) (EMEA)
- 1525.0-1559.0 MHz (Rx) (EMEA)
- 1626.5-1660.5 MHz (Tx) (EMEA)
- 1668.0-1675.0 MHz (Tx) (EMEA)
- 15.1 dBW ±1dB
WLAN Access Point
- Standard IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
1 x USB host interface
- Version: 2.0 (host)
- Charging: Up to 1A
1 x BGAN SIM-Card slot
- Two LED (WLAN, Status)
- 1 Power Button
- 1 USB Host
- Cobham Web Interface
Ambient operating temp
- -25°C to +55°C (-13°F to +131°F)
Storage (excl. battery)
- -40°C to +80°C (-40°F to +176°F)
Battery storage temperature
- 1 month: -20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F)
- 3 months: -20°C to +45°C (-4°F to +113°F)
- 1 year: -20°C to +20°C (-4°F to +68°F)
- 95% non-condensing at +40°C/+104°F
Water and Dust
- IP 66 compliant
- 0.5 m/1.64 ft drop on concrete (operational, 95% survival)
DC input range
- Standby / transmit: 0.8W / 14W (typical)
- During charging: 38W (max.)
- Connector type 2.5mm EIAJ RC-5320-IV
AC/DC power supply
- Input: 100-240VAC, 47-63Hz, 50W Output: 19VDC
- Lithium ion, (rechargeable)
- 36 hours 0°C/+32°F to 55°C/+131°
- 3h, 0°C/+32°F to 55°C/+131°
Premium voice call
- 1h30m, 0°C/+32°F to +55°C/+131°C
Receive time max.
- 3h30m @ 128kbps (25°C/77°F)
Transmit time, max.
- 2h15m @ 128kbps (25°C/77°F)
Min number of charges
- Less than 3 hours
- 0°C / +32°F to +45°C /+113°